The Creator gathered all of creation and said,
‘I want to hide something from the humans until they are Ready for it.
It is the Realization that They Create their Own Reality.‘
The eagle said, ‘Give it to me, I will take it to the moon.’
The Creator said, ‘No. One day they will go there and find it.’
The salmon said, ‘I will hide it on the bottom of the ocean.’
‘No. They will go there too.’
The buffalo said, ‘I will bury it on the Great Plains.’
Then grandmother Mole, who lives in the breast of Mother Earth,
and who has no physical eyes but sees with spiritual eyes, said, ‘Put it Inside them.’
And the Creator said, ‘It is done.’
What do we infer from this legend?
- Can we motivate our students if they are not “ready” for motivation?
- It is not only the teacher’s / parents’ job to motivate students, they need to assume responsibility for their own learning. => intrinsic motivation.
- We can search everywhere for the most valuable thing for us, but if we only look with physical eyes, we won’t find it.
- If we help our students to look deep inside of them, they will find what they need: intrinsic motivation.
- We have been everywhere but have ignored our inner selves.
- We = people with both our Cognitive & Affective domains.
- The Cognitive domain has been dealt with extensively; the Affective one, on the other hand, has been ignored for a long time; it needs to be considered: it is the second component in our personality and is extremely important.
- We are the ones that create our own reality; what we are, what we want to be. We need to realize that, to understand it, to acknowledge it. => set goals!